The Bear Republic family is driven to make great beer! We can do that because we have a great team. Making great beer requires passion and dedication from everyone on the team. If you have that passion and are interested in joining us, take a look at what openings we have and let us know if something sparks your drive.
Don’t see your perfect fit? We’re growing fast and spots can open at any time so send your résumé to
Current Openings (3)
Bear Republic Brewing Company is in search of experienced Servers who are self-motivated individuals with a “get it done” attitude. If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and talent to a thriving and popular organization, Bear Republic is the place for you.
Must be available for evenings and weekends and have a flexible schedule.
- ServSafe/Food Handlers Certificate required.
- ABC Certificate required.
- Understands dining room service procedures.
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Committed to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
Bear Republic Brewing Co. is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to work closely with our Executive Chef as we gear up for the busy summer season and prepare for the opening of another BrewPub in Sonoma County!
The Sous Chef is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. You will help plan and direct food preparation in the kitchen and assist the Executive Chef with menu planning, inventory, and managing of supplies. You will also aid in making sure the kitchen is up to safety standards and that staff are obeying sanitation rules. During mealtimes, it is important that the Sous Chef be quick on his/her feet and be able to make smart decisions instantly. This position is Full Time. Must be available for evening and weekend shifts and have a flexible schedule.
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Prepares daily production list.
- Ensures that all stations remain stocked before and during the meal period.
- Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portions servings correctly.
- Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
- Places food and supply orders as directed.
- Receives product by verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise.
- Trains employees to company standards.
- Sets excellent customer service and work examples.
- Actively participates as a member of the management team.
- Actively supervises, motivates and disciplines employees.
- Manages staffing levels throughout shift.
- Oversees kitchen labor and food cost to budgetary requirements.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Proven success as a Sous Chef or Executive Chef in a high- volume restaurant.
- Strong passion for culinary excellence and guest service.
- Experience managing a busy kitchen.
- Experience ordering and monitoring supplies.
- Culinary training or extensive cooking and production experience.
- A minimum of 4 years working in a food preparation position with at least half of that time supervising others.
- Awareness of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Food Handler’s card.
- Professional communication skills, oral and written. Bilingual a plus
- Ability to work in a high-energy and demanding environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and is a team player.
- Works well under pressure.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Bear Republic Brewing Company is in search of an experienced Shipping & Receiving Clerk to work in our Asti warehouse.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a “get it done” attitude who has experience with Shipping & Receiving along with basic computer skills. The position performs various types of product packing and shipping in accordance with established procedures and/or commercial standards; receives and stocks incoming equipment, materials, and supplies and prepares shipments.
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Prepares shipping and receiving documentation/reports, maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- Processes all in-and outbound shipments including sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Assists in maintaining material inventory levels.
- Assists in proper storage of product and good rotation.
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- 1-2 years warehouse experience
- Forklift experience with certification or willingness to obtain a must.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Commitment to safety and quality standards
- Accurate record keeping and data entry skills
- Hardworking, motivated, individual with a strong sense of urgency and good time management skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, with strong attention to detail and quality
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Lift and move a minimum of 50 lbs without assistance, regularly and repeatedly.
• Walk, kneel, bend, stand, and climb stairs.
• Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information.
This is a fast-paced environment and the noise level is usually moderate to high.
Works in warehouse where temperatures are extreme for long periods of time. Work environment can be cold, hot, wet and noisy.
We offer medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick time, and retirement (all administered within company and state/federal guidelines).
If you are interested in the above opportunities, please send your résumé and cover letter to;
To those of who take your valuable time to apply for this position but don’t hear back from us, we want to say THANK YOU and we sincerely appreciate your interest in Bear Republic Brewing Company. We say this now because we don’t believe in impersonal auto-responses and it is simply not possible for us to send a personal thank you to each of you for applying.